May 20, 2011

Friday Still Life




When I mentioned on my Twitter feed (@SandraBeasley) I was breaking out this mug in celebration of getting work done on a Friday, I was asked for photographic proof that such a mug exists. As lovers of Dear Sugar at The Rumpus know, of course it does! You can read the column that inspired it here, which includes this great passage:

But the best possible thing you can do is get your ass down onto the floor. Write so blazingly good that you can’t be framed. Nobody is going to give you permission to write about your vagina, hon. Nobody is going to give you a thing. You have to give it yourself. You have to tell us what you have to say.

Anyway, here's a still life from my writing desk (a.k.a. my kitchen table). May your Friday be similarly productive--and if you're in the area of DC, I hope to see you at Story/Stereo tonight, which the Washington Post's Going Out Guide just called "one of our favorite local events." That's right--they dared use the other f-word...

3 comments:

Martha Silano said...

"Nobody is going to give you permission to write about your vagina." She said it, all right. Woooooooooooo!!!! You write like a mo-fo today, honey! I can't wait to read the next batch of goodies you carry forth into the world ...

January said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
January said...

OK, I'm inspired. And I think I'm buying a mug. Thanks for the links to the Rumpus article.