April 01, 2010

The Ways of Poetry (Happy April!)

Happy National Poetry Month, everyone. In celebration, I put together this little video:



...and while I have your attention, here are my AWP events in Denver next week...

Thurs. April 8 at 9:30 PM - TypewriterGirls Poetry Cabaret
at the Mercury Cafe (2199 California Street)

The TypewriterGirls' Dada-bred performances are collage-work theatre formed from sketch comedy, poetry, music, whiskey games, collaborative writing, burlesque, and a little magic. In essence, they strive to embody the Comte de Lautréamont's creed "poetry must be made by all" with a play and a dance party. This event will feature some of Denver's finest poets and performers (and me, too!).

*Note this is timed so that if you want to hear Michael Chabon speak at AWP, you have time to head over to the Mercury Cafe afterwards.

Fri., April 9, at 3:30 PM - Booksigning for I Was the Jukebox
at the W. W. Norton booth (Colorado Convention Center)

Joy Harjo will be joining me at the booksigning. Come visit! I fully intend on popping a bottle or two of champagne, as well.

1 comment:

Jessie Carty said...

have a great time :)

i'm still bummed i can't make AWP this year. Next year I'l be back!