June 26, 2008

Cat, Say Goodbye to that Bag...

Wow, a whirlwind of poetry goings-on. A lovely reading at Politics and Prose with Barbara Goldberg--and then another with Sarah Browning at the Arts Club (which featured a luscious feast afterwards, including bacon-wrapped scallops). Both Sarah and Barbara gave wonderful performances of their work. Thanks so much to the DC literary community for coming out en masse...I read for 90 people total! It wasn't easy to put together set lists with so many loved ones in the audience--especially when you don't want to read the same poems twice in three days.

Today I am hopscotching over to Madam Mayo's blog, to offer my take on five poets who have turned their considerable skills toward prose.

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

i would be tremblin in my boots- to read before that many. good job, just for not bolting!

Christine said...

As a poet/prose poet/short fiction writer, I so enjoyed finding your list of five poets who write prose on Madame Mayo. Of course that also led me to your own blog. Thanks!