Which of the following things happened at this year's AWP conference?
1) I petted a cheetah.
2) I went through a bottle of Cragganmore single malt scotch.
3) A prizewinning poet said "There's a bathtub here--any of you girls feeling dirty?"
4) I drew a flower on Ali Stine.
5) I helped fire a cannon.
6) Martin Amis apologized for scandalizing me.
7) I cheered as seven poets competed for a tiara. The winner had drawn a goatee and moustache on her face.
8) Shafer Hall got me a "Double O."
9) A poet spontaneously composed a limerick for me rhyming "Beasley," "teasingly," and "measly."
10) All of the above, my friends. All of the above.
I love AWP.
P.S. - And yes, the panel went well.