October 10, 2007

Ephemera

Saturday: Drove to Syracuse. Wine. Sunday: New York Times, vegan pancakes (!), apple-picking. More wine. Monday: Coffee in a college coffeeshop (back at UVA, we called ours "Depresso Corner") with my lovely hostess for the weekend. Then a looong drive home, but the leaves were beautiful.

Tuesday: Josh Ritter in concert at the 9:30 Club...you can hear it streamed in full from this NPR website. My friend Austin has gotten picked up to play guitar on this tour, which added a thrill. (Nice hat, Austin!) NPR's music page is just a ridiculously useful way to speed an office day along...the Neko Case, Rilo Kiley, and Iron & Wine shows are all keepers.

How did I come to join this club? I'm...honored. The poetry beat has been dormant for the last few weeks--I've been distracted by, well, life--but I'll be back soon enough. Promise.

1 comment:

Valerie Loveland said...

Aw, I'm jealous! I wanted to be rejected by the Futility Review but they had a backlog and weren't accepting submissions.