April 10, 2007

Announcing a New Poetry Journal

From Don Illich, a great DC poet:

If Poetry Journal Seeking Submissions

"Hi, I'm starting a new print poetry journal (actually it's zine sized). I'm looking for submissions of poetry until July 31st, 2007. I plan on publishing the journal by early December 2007 (maybe earlier I hope).

What I'm looking for: Here are some writers I love: Tony Hoagland, Dean Young, Jennifer Knox, Denise Duhamel, Ben Lerner, Kim Addonizio, Bob Hicok. I like humorous and surrealistic poetry, but with some heart and weight to it. I'm open to good formal poetry, as well as free verse. I want poems with exciting ideas more than another perfectly crafted poem that just lies there dead on the page.

If you would like to submit 1-5 poems, please e-mail me at ifpoetryjournaleditor at gmail dot com. I'm aiming for 34 pages total for the journal, maybe 48 if I can afford it. Each contributor will receive one contributor's copy and be subject to the envy of all their peers. There are no subscriptions as yet, as I don't know how often the journal will come out; I plan on distributing the journal at readings, through Internet requests, and to libraries, MFA programs, etc.

The journal should, at least as far as basic design goes, look like this (with different cover art, of course). Thank you in advance for submitting work, if that's what you choose to do."

...Sorry about the delay in yesterday's NaPoWriMo post; the poem text is in one place, the internet access is in another. Should be up later this morning.

2 comments:

Don said...

Thank you very much for publicizing this! I owe you one, Sandra.

Greg said...

Yes, thanks indeed! I already had a poem accepted.